Power outages, like many things in life, are rarely predictable. Uncontrollable events like severe weather and vehicle accidents are common causes of outages. If your power does go out, our crews will work to restore it as quickly and safely as possible.
How to Report a Power Outage and Stay Informed
We may not know you are without power. Customers should always let us know if they are experiencing an outage, even if a neighbor has already reported it.
Online (Optimized for smart-phone view)
- Report your outage online.
- Log into your online account to view a status update on a reported outage.
- View current outages on our 24/7 Power Center outage maps.
- During significant storms, we will share updates on our social media accounts.
- To report an outage: Text OUT to 544487 (LIGHTS).
- If you’re not enrolled in text messaging, text REG to 544487 to get started.
- To receive the latest update for your reported outage: Text STAT to 544487.
To report an outage call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).
Customers with a communication disability can report an outage using the appropriate TTY/TDD relay service, our online form or text messaging.
Safely Manage Through an Outage
Prepare for Outages
- Prepare for an outage before it happens
- View our printable guide for managing through an outage
Staying Informed During Major Storms
Major Outage Information
When a significant storm is likely to impact a large portion of our service area, you can count on us to share weather warnings, safety information and restoration updates through the following channels:
- Check for updates on our Social Media Accounts
- Read FirstEnergy’s News Releases
- Check the Storm Information