PA Time-Of-Use Pricing
You may be able to save by shifting your energy usage.
Time-of-Use (TOU) Pricing is offered as an optional, generation-only rate for smart-metered, non-Customer Assistance Program (CAP) residential and small commercial customers. TOU Pricing includes three different prices for electricity: On-Peak, when customers generally use more electricity; Off-Peak, when customers generally use less; and Super Off-Peak to encourage electric vehicle charging. The three TOU Pricing Periods are defined below. TOU Pricing is beneficial if you can shift the time of day that you rely on electricity. You can save money by shifting the time you run your dishwasher or do a load of laundry. With TOU Pricing you pay less for electric during Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak hours.
- The rate you pay for electricity varies depending on the time of day. Price-to-Compare (PTC) is the standard default rate for all day usage for each customer class.
- Your TOU Pricing rate will be lower than the PTC during the morning, at night and on the weekend.
- Your TOU Pricing rate will be higher than the PTC in the afternoon and evening.
- TOU Pricing Periods do not change throughout the year.
- TOU Pricing rates are calculated by multiplying the current PTC rate and the applicable multiplier for the TOU Pricing Period.
- The change in the PTC rate on June 1st and December 1st will change the TOU Pricing rate.
- There are no costs to enroll in TOU Pricing.
- You may leave TOU Pricing at any time without penalty. However, you will not be eligible to return to the TOU Pricing for 12 months.
Time-of-Use (TOU) Pricing is an optional, generation-only rate for smart-metered, non-CAP residential and small commercial customers. Net metering customers are eligible; however virtual net metering customers are not eligible for TOU pricing. Customers enrolled in budget billing are not eligible for TOU pricing.
For more information on Time-of-Use Pricing and eligibility, go to Frequently Asked Questions.
|TOU Pricing Period||Year-Round Days / Hours Included|
|On-Peak||2 p.m. - 9 p.m. Monday through Friday|
|Super Off-Peak||11 p.m. - 6 a.m. Every Day|
|Off-Peak||All Other Hours|
On, Off and Super Off-Peak rates are calculated using your current PTC multiplied by the Pricing Period multiplier specific to your electric company. You can find your current PTC at www.papowerswitch.com. The calculations for your electric company are as follows:
|Current PTC||On-Peak Multiplier||Super Off-Peak Multiplier||Off-Peak Multiplier|
|Penn Power||Commercial||Current PTCx||2.0271||0.5202||0.7409|
|West Penn Power||Commercial||Current PTCx||1.9416||0.5663||0.7870|
For more information, go to Frequently Asked Questions. To enroll in TOU Pricing, click on the Enroll button below. You will need to have an online account to enroll online.