Online Registration Agreement
The parties to this Registration Agreement are an operating company subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp., specifically Ohio Edison Company; The Toledo Edison Company; The Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company; Metropolitan Edison Company; Pennsylvania Electric Company; Pennsylvania Power Company; West Penn Power Company; Jersey Central Power & Light Company; Monongahela Power Company; or The Potomac Edison Company ("Company") and you ("Customer"). By registering on this site Customer agrees to be bound by the terms of this User Agreement with Company. Customer understands that the terms of this User Agreement may be changed and that Customer will be bound by the changes until Customer terminates his participation in the Program. Customer agrees to review the Agreement form frequently to insure that he/she understands and agrees with all changes.
Customer is required to provide a username and password in accordance to the guidlelines below. Customer agrees to keep his/her password and profile information confidential to prevent unauthorized access to the account(s). Customer is responsible for all transactions others authorize on Customer’s account(s), if Customer permits other individuals to use this service, including his/her password to access Customer’s account(s). If Customer uses this service for his/her electric service accounts (whether business or personal), Customer is responsible for establishing and maintaining his/her own internal security procedures to prevent use by unauthorized employees or persons. Regardless, Customer agrees that FirstEnergy Corp., its subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for the security and privacy of Customer’s password, including but not limited to Customer's misuse or disclosure of his password. If Customer forgets his/her password, our Contact Center should be contacted during business hours for assistance or the Customer may utilize the online self-service option to reset his/her password.
Username and Password Guidelines
Your login username and password are unique to identify you and your electric accounts on our website. Your login will enable you to securely manage your account, pay and view your bill, and other customer transactions. When you create your online registration, you need to enter a username and password that you will remember and that follows our policies as outlined below.
- Username must be between 6-15 characters (A-Z) or alphanumeric (0-9), but no special characters (@, &, -, etc.) or spaces.
- Password must not be a previous password and it must be between 8-20 characters, include at least 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 special character (@ # $ % ^ & * ( ) . ,) and contain no spaces. Also, username and password cannot be the same.
Please follow these best practices:
- Do not reuse old passwords.
- Do not reveal your password to others.
- Do not use words that can be found in the dictionary.
- Do not use the same password for multiple online accounts. Every password should be unique.
- Follow the complexity requirements of the website (e.g., length of password, required use of special characters).
- Do not use passwords that contain information about you (e.g., your birthday).
Please make sure your username and password follow these guidelines. If not, you may be restricted from entering an invalid username and password, or asked to change your username and password to meet our policy requirements.