Be Prepared for Outages
Preparing in advance of a power outage can help minimize the challenges you face if the lights go out. Follow these tips.
- Fully charged cell phones, laptops and tablets.
- Car charger to charge devices if your power is out.
- Flashlight, portable radio and extra batteries.
- Hard-wired phone to report an outage or emergency. A plain, hard-wired phone can operate on power delivered through the phone line.
Warmth and Safety
- Extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person.
- First-aid kit.
- Medications and other personal health items for each person.
Food and Water
- Emergency supply of bottled water and/or fill your bathtub with fresh water.
- Supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking. Don’t forget the can opener!
We may not know you are without power. Customers should always let us know if they are experiencing an outage, even if a neighbor has already reported it.
- To report an outage: Text OUT to 544487 (LIGHTS).
- If you’re not enrolled in text messaging, text REG to 544487 to get started.
- To receive the latest update for your reported outage: Text STAT to 544487.
To report an outage call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).